Last time, I talked about my hair. Today what should we talk about ? Skincare. I think it’s an important topic. As a makeup lover, I really enjoy discovering and testing new products, usually foundations, eyeshadows and even lipsticks ! I rarely go out without makeup (except on sundays or when I’m doing something uninteresting like…groceries or going to the laudromat, ha ha). So, for me, being dilligent with my skincare is mandatory and even more important than having the greatest makeup skills :) So what is my skincare routine ? I follow a Korean inspired one. In my opinion, Koreans are the best when it comes to skincare, especially their brands (Tony Moly, Innisfree, Nature Republic…). And I’m honestly surprised because a few of these awesome brands only came this year in France. As for the steps, ha ha, Koreans can have more that 10. I’m trying to follow it, but it take some time :)
Here is my detailed steps for my skincare routine !
01. Removing Makeup with Garnier Skinactive oil infused cleansing water. And this one is doing an amazing job, I’m not even joking !
02. Cleasing skin with Ren Evercalm gentle cleansing gel, and sometimes I switch with Himalaya herbals gentle refreshing Fresh Wash. Both have great smell and are really good, especially if you have a sensible skin. The Himalaya one is great when I have a breakout. :)
03. Exfoliating Skin with The Face shop peeling exfoliant. Again, I’m using something really soft for my skin. And yay, 1st Korean brand I’m mentioning ! :) And it smells like heaven too !
04. Pampering my skin with a facial mask. And I’m in love with the Too Cool For School egg mousse pack, for its whipped texture ! Only 5 minutes and my skin looks radiant !
05. Clarifying with a toner. I bought this clarifying lotion from Clinique at Sephora, and it’s good for mixed skin ! Actually they have several products according to your skin type, so you should check with a seller first :) But this one is a good product ! (I feel like I’m repeating myself but it’s because I choose carefully my products !)
06. Nourishing my skin with a gel. The Bamboo crème frappée skin-reviving gel from the Korean brand Erborian is really doing a great job. But quite expensive in my opinion so I might switch with another product later. But I love using it before going to sleep because it gives a resfreshing feel.
07. Nourishing my skin with a gel. The Bamboo crème frappée skin-reviving gel from the Korean brand Erborian is a product I’m using for weeks. But quite expensive so I might switch with another product later. But I love using it before going to sleep because it gives a resfreshing feel.
08. Hydrating my eyes with my Erborian Bamboo eye-contour gel. Let’s not forget the fragile eyes :) I like using this gel as my last step, especially when I spent the whole day with a heavy eye makeup. It gives such a great resfreshing feel !
As you saw, my skincare routine is quite heavy, but really useful for my skin. Tell me yours ! ;)